Monday, March 7, 2011

Daily Journal

Marian Bartsch and Joey Catsalgi met on his first day of work... They bumped into each other by accident trying to get a cup of coffee in the break room. Until, Marian and Joey couldn't stop looking at each other and they knew that it was emant for them to be where they are now.
"Hi." Marian said to Joey as she gets nervous by looking at him.
"Hi." Joey responds checking her out but then turning away to take a sip of his coffee.
They looked back at each other with a smile but they were both too nervous to say something.
"Have I seen you before?"
"I believe so, but I don't remember where."
"Remember the last thing we said to each other?"
Joey starts to laugh a little and so does Marian.
"Yeah I remember. You said that if we meet again it was meant to be but if we don't then God has better plans for us. But I was trying to tell you that this is the plan God had for us."
"I guess you proved me wrong."
"I'm glad I did."
"So,"
"So,"
"You want to sit down and talk for a few mintues before our break is over?"
"I would love to."
They both sat down at a table and it was silence for a mintue but then Joey started the conversation.
"What's your name?"
"Marian Bartsch, and you?"
"Joey Catsalgi. Nice to meet you."
They both shook hands.
"Tell me about your childhood, if you don't mind."
"You first."
"No you first. Please?" Mirian gave him a sad face and it made him laugh a little and he gave up.
"Okay then I will."
"My childhood was good, if I should say. I have three brothers and four sisters and I am the second youngest in the family. My mom died of cancer when I was 18 and my dad died of a massive heart attack when I was 12. But I have been trying to give my life to God so I can understand things like this."
"My life wasn't really good, I'm even surprised that I got this job to begin with. I am the only child and I never had a good life. My mom has been in and out of my life and my dad had died when I was 3. He was killed in a gang shooting and I really haven't had a good relationship with him either. I have been abused by him for a couple of years and it started when I was in my mom's stomach. He use to beat on her and when I born I had bruises on my body and then my mom started to do the same. We haven't heard from each other since and I always tried to reach out to her. But she always turn me down and no, I have not reached out to her anymore and I'm not willing to."
"Sometimes you're going to have to do that even when times are rough. Things are really going to go in rollercoasters and you're going to have to be happy when we go through struggles."
"I know you're right, you've been correct about everything so far."

No comments:

Post a Comment